There is no better gift for young diving and snorkeling enthusiasts than a Seascooter that makes diving and snorkeling much easier and much more fun. The Yamaha Seal underwater Sea Scooter is probably one of the best water scooters on the market for younger kids that will take exploring the underwater world to a new level.
Sea Scooter Fun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.
This Sea Scooter is so low priced that you could be mistaken in thinking that it’s not great quality or lacking the features of much more expensive models but that’s simply not true. This Aqua Scooter is pretty impressive and is perfect for kids 8 and up. Mom and Dad will love having a go also))
Before we dive into our review, take a look at the official Yamaha Seal Underwater Sea Scooter Video so you can get a feel for the look and performance of it.
- 1 Official Yamaha Seal Underwater Sea Scooter Video
- 2 What You Need to Pay Attention While Choosing a Seascooter
- 3 Yamaha Seal Seascooter Specs
- 4 Why You Should Choose Yamaha Seal Seascooter
- 5 Why This Model May Not Suit Your Needs
- 6 Lets Sum Up
Official Yamaha Seal Underwater Sea Scooter Video
In this Yamaha Seal Sea scooter review, I am going to point out all pros and cons of Yamaha Seal Seascooter and help you decide whether it`s best for you or not.
But first, I`d like to point out the major factors you need to take into account while choosing a sea scooter.
What You Need to Pay Attention While Choosing a Sea Scooter
- Price: the price of a seascooter can be a determining factor that will help you narrow down the choice of sea scooters. There is a huge variety of water scooters on the market, some of them being as expensive as ten thousand dollars. So it would be only rational to decide upon our budget first and then see what you can afford.
- Size: the variety of sizes water scooters are available at is huge too. However, with the size comes the weight – the bigger the seascooter is, the heavier it will be. So you need to decide who you are buying the sea scooter for and then what weight this person can handle.
- Speed: and again you need to determine who you are buying a water scooter for. If your kids are going to use it, you need to choose a sea scooter with a lower speed so that your kids can easily control it. If you are an experienced diver though, you should pay attention to not buy a seascooter that is too slow for you. Otherwise, it will spoil the whole diving experience for you. But don`t forget – safety comes first.
- Depth: Before getting a seascooter, it would be great to consider your experience in scuba diving, where you are going to do this, and how deep the waters are. Having analyzed these factors, you can choose the best sea scooter that will satisfy your needs. For your own safety, you shouldn’t use the seascooter in deeper waters than it`s designed for.
- Battery: Battery life can be crucial in choosing a seascooter. The longer it is, the longer you can stay under the water exploring sea life. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to constantly get back to the surface to recharge your water scooter.
Yamaha Seal Seascooter Specs
Yamaha Seal Seascooter has been created to help the whole family enjoy diving – from kids to adults. It gathers speed of 2 miles per hour (3.2 km/h) and goes as deep underwater as 15 ft. (4.6 m). The battery allows you to spend up to an hour and a half underwater without the need to recharge the seascooter.
The Yamaha aqua scooter is designed in a way that even kids can easily use it. This seascooter is quite compact – its size is 11.25*11.25*19 inches and it weighs 12 pounds which is slightly more than 5 kilos. Moreover, it has several safety features that can ensure a safe dive for your kid – there is an auto-shutoff, and the propeller is hidden in a cage, so your kids won’t be able to harm themselves.
Finally, the whole seascooter is waterproof that allows you to dive without worrying that the battery may get damaged.
The last but not least, Yamaha Seal Seascooter is equipped with a camera mount that will allow you to use your waterproof camera to film your explorations underwater and then share them with your family and friends. This amazing feature will totally make scuba diving much more fun!
Why You Should Choose Yamaha Seal Seascooter
- Suitable for kids and amateur divers. This Yamaha water scooter is perfect for those who are just starting to explore the underwater world and is new to snorkeling which means it will be perfect for kids as well. The speed the seascooter can reach is just 2 miles per hour and it can be used as deep as 15 feet. And to be honest, if you are an amateur diver or want to make the pool time extra fun for all your family, this Yamaha aqua scooter is the right choice. Moreover, its battery lasts for as long as an hour and a half, so all members of your family will have a chance to try it out without recharging it.
- Completely safe for kids. This model is designed to protect the kids from getting hurt – the propeller is safely locked in a cage and the maximum speed of the seascooter is so low that you can easily let your kids play with it without constantly keeping an eye on them. Although, you need to keep in mind that this model is suitable for 8-year-olds or older kids.
- Affordable price. If you are purchasing a seascooter to add up more fun to swimming in the pool or spending time at the ocean with your kids, this Yamaha sea scooter is exactly what you need, it’s hard to find a more affordable underwater gear with the same specifications on the market.
- Camera mount. This model stands out among other Yamaha seascooters because it has a camera mount that will make it possible to film whatever you or your kids see underwater and then share with others. You just need to attach your waterproof GoPro camera and you are ready to go!
- Smooth design. This Yamaha sea scooter is quite small in size and can be handled even by a child. Moreover, it comes in a red and white design (other colors are available) that will help you easily spot your child in the water.
Why This Model May Not Suit Your Needs
- Basic model. Yamaha Seal Seascooter is rather aimed at children than adults. While for a child it can be great fun to dive with this water scooter, for an adult, especially someone good at diving – it may not be as exciting. The speed is quite slow, and it may get even slower depending on the weight of the person using it.
- Battery life. The battery used in this Yamaha sea scooter is lead sealed acid battery which is not as good as a lithium-ion battery. Its charge is enough for 1.5 hours at most, and then you need to recharge it that may take up to 12 hours.
Let’s Sum Up
The Yamaha Seal Explorer Underwater Seascooter is aimed at the younger more recreational snorkelers and divers. With an output speed up to 4 km/h (2.5mph) and a diving depth rating of up to 30ft (10m), The Yamaha Seal Explorer Sea scooter is awesome for use in swimming pools or shallow reefs for the ultimate fish finding snorkeling adventure.
What I personally like about this model is its camera mount that lets the kids film all the wonders they find underwater and then share them with their friends. Just make sure your kids meet the age requirement for using this seascooter and are 8 years old or older. (ADULT SUPERVISION IS ALWAYS REQUIRED WITH YOUNGER KIDS)
The summer is coming to an end but it’s not over yet! Why not use this opportunity and bring more joy to it with the Yamaha Seal Underwater Seascooter?
Check Price on Amazon